The Dr. Yum Project offers a series of FREE resources for families to gain information and inspiration on how to involve the whole family in planning meals and cooking at home.
We are adding things all the time. Stay in the loop and Sign up for updates.
During this extended time at home, one fun thing families can do is bring everyone together to create a customized recipe using ingredients you have on hand with Meal-O-Matic. It’s also a great way to let older kids be in charge of dinner.
Live Meal-o-Matic Cooking CLasses
Let's get together virtually and make a delicious dinner out of whatever you have on hand. Learn how easy it is to use Dr. Yum's Meal-O-Matic (it's free!) to create your own masterpiece. It’s like a choose-your-own-adventure recipe! We intentionally keep these classes small so everyone can be seen and heard. Check out the full schedule here.
Tickets are free but limited so sign up on our Classes Page today.
Check out Dr. Yum's YouTube channel for a wide array of topics including:
- Pro Cooking Tip You NEED to Know for Cooking at Home
- Science Lessons While Cooking - Activities for Schooling at Home
- Teacher's Tips for Virtual Schooling + Meals at Home
- Help Your Kid Try New Foods with This Fun Activity ~ Food Passports!
- Bringing a Taste of Home With You #6 Cooking on Your Own for the First Time
- Farmers Market Shopping + Cooking With What's in Your Fridge #5 Cooking on Your Own for the First Time Series
- Essential Tools + Equipment #4 Cooking on Your Own for the First Time Series
- Grocery Shopping + Label Reading #3 Cooking on Your Own for the First Time Series
- Meal Planning + Budgeting #2 Cooking on Your Own for the First Time Series
- Upgrading Prepared Foods - Cooking on Your Own for the First Time #1 Cooking on Your Own for the First Time Series
- First Time Food Pantry Shopper? What You Can Get and Tips for Using It
- Re-Imagining Leftovers! Leftover Management with the Dr. Yum Team
- Favorite Kitchen Tools from the Dr. Yum Team
- Tips for Making Your Herbs Last
- Favorite Pantry Items for Tasty Meals with the Dr. Yum Team
- Cook Once, Eat all Day: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner at Home
- Start your day off right with Dr. Yum’s Breakfast ideas
- One Simple Tip for Making Satisfying Meals with What You Have On-Hand
- The Easy Thing You are NOT Doing to Make Your Food Taste Amazing
Facebook Live Recordings
Our Facebook page also has a ton of great resources including :
- Helping Your Kids Like New Foods
- Parenting Bravely & Compassionately #5 in Parenting Around Food Series
- Parenting Patiently #4 in Parenting Around Food Series
- Parenting Proactively #3 in Parenting Around Food Series
- Parenting Joyfully #2 in Parenting Around Food Series
- Parenting Mindfully #1 in Parenting Around Food Series
- Canning 101
- Reasons to Stop Feeding Your Kids "kid food"
- Creative Ways to use Food and Nature to Bring Structure and FUN to Time at Home with the Kiddos
- Food Bank News Try 2
- Food Bank News Try 1
- Making a Food Explorer Passport ~ a Fun Way to Try New Foods
- Ask Me Anything Q&A with Dr. Yum Registered Dietitian Sarah Moran
- Hummus Lab
- Smoothie Lab
- Simple Sauces to yum-ify your meals
- Sneak peek at the latest meatless Dr. Yum recipes
- 5 easy ways for your family to start a garden with Master Gardener Jonathan Stevens
- Dr. Yum Tips for Making Super Soups
- Getting Quaran-Teens in the Kitchen
- Meal Planning
- Making Baby Food
- 5 Tips for Feeding your Kids Snacks
Check out our catalog of 200 easy, delicious, and healthy recipes. You can also search by tags including budget friendly to find dinners for $2.50 or less per serving, cook once, eat twice making weekly menu planning a breeze, snacks to help pass on the processed foods in the snack isle and 28 more!
Free Baby Food Webinar
Want to find out how your baby can establish a lifetime of healthy eating habits starting from the very first bites? Check out Dr. Yum’s Baby Food Adventure. It's normally an in-person class for parents and babies at the Dr. Yum Project Kitchen, but during this time at home, parents from all over can access this class as a free one hour webinar. We will talk about:
- how to start introducing baby food
- how to make your own baby foods
- the latest trends and research in feeding babies
- ideas for adventurous finger foods
- show you how to adapt Dr. Yum's family recipes into foods for your little one
Dr. Yum's Favorite Foods
Learn how to use more than 50 different produce items and other ingredients using Dr. Yum’s Favorite Foods. You’ll learn all about the nutritional benefits, how to store, and recipes to use with each ingredient.
Dr. Yum’s Blog
The Dr. Yum Project team not only includes a pediatrician but a Registered Dietitian, feeding therapist, early childhood education specialist, and more who share our expertise and experiences. Topics include:
- During a Pandemic Let’s Share Our Recipes, Not Our Germs
- Our Favorite Pantry Staple Recipes (With Substitution tips!)
- Getting Quaran-Teens in the Kitchen
- 7 Yum Tips for Making Super Soups!
- Breakfast Pitfalls and Solutions
- 10 Tips for Packing a Nutritious Lunch
- 5 Tips for Feeding Snacks to Kids
- Gardening With Kids Series
- 10 Ideas for Finger Foods for Babies and Toddlers
- All About Picky Eaters
- Sugar Hides in Sneaky Places
- 6 Reasons to Stop Feeding Your Kids "Kid Food"
Instructional Videos with Chef Joy Crump
Not sure how to cut an onion or peel a mango? No problem! Dr. Yum and Chef Joy Crump have a series of instructional videos to show adults and kids how to prep these foods and more with ease.
Food Education Flyers
At this difficult time, we know there are families struggling with food insecurity. In our community, partners are all working together to make shelf-stable and fresh food available to anyone with a need. Dr. Yum is providing these flyers outlining the tools on our free website to all food access partners. We invite them, and you, to print and include with food distribution.