Kids love to eat what they help make. Here are 10 ways to get your kids from 2 - 20 into the kitchen.
2. Tips for Cutting Produce: Check out this series of videos to show safe knife skills for kids of all ages with Chef Joy Crump, a James Beard Award semi-finalist.
3. Dr. Yum’s Meal-o-Matic: Cooking does not have to be complicated in order to be healthy and delicious. That's why we have designed meal•o•matic to help you make a few basic recipes with the ingredients you love. Design your own personalized meals based on the ingredients you have on hand, your favorite flavors, or your own dietary needs. No matter what your skill level is in the kitchen, using the meal•o•matic is easy and fun for the whole family!
4. Dr. Yum’s Favorite Foods: Sometimes, the best way to get kids interested in something is to make a game of it. We’ve compiled a list of more than 40 healthy foods, including where they come from, how to wash and store them, and a bunch of delicious recipes made with the featured food. Kids can choose a food a week, learn all about it and make a yummy recipe to share with the family.
5. Take the Mindful Mealtime Pledge: It can get you on the road to healthier, happier mealtimes.
6. Create a container herb garden: It’s is a great way to dabble in growing herbs and get the kids involved with gardening, which gets them even more into cooking!
7. Snacky Susan: A mom’s tip for helping her kids eat new foods
9. Science Kitchen Lab: Cooking is a great time to learn science concepts. Try these activities!
10. Zane’s Salad Lab Check out some great ideas how to get kids to enjoy leafy greens.